Call for participation
ICER 2010 – International Computing Education Research Workshop
Aarhus, Denmark, August 8th, 2010
Deadline for applications extended till May 26th
ICER 2010 will organize a doctoral consortium as a pre-conference workshop on Sunday 8th of August.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To offer a friendly forum for students to discuss their research topics, research questions and design in computing education
- To receive constructive feedback from their peers and senior researchers.
- To support networking with other researchers in the computing education research field.
- To discuss any relevant questions related to research and academic life.
The consortium is designed primarily for students who are currently enrolled in any stage of doctoral studies with a focus on computing education research. The number of participants is limited to 12.
In addition to organizers, senior researchers in the field will provide feedback and suggestions for improvement of the research proposals.
Each applicant should submit an application, which includes the following information
- a brief background of the applicant including information about previous studies, previous research topics, publications if any, and possible teaching experience or pedagogical studies
- a summary of his/her research, including motivation, any relevant background and literature to contextualize the research, research questions, methodologies used or planned, and possible results obtained.
- questions related to the research that the applicant would like to discuss and get feedback on in the doctoral consortium
The research summary will be made available to other participants of the doctoral consortium to allow them to provide feedback and prepare questions on the research. This research summary should be simply formatted, 1-2 pages long.
Applicants should send their application in PDF format by email to Lauri Malmi (Lauri.Malmi@tkk.fi) by May 26th. Notification of acceptance will be sent by email on May 31th. Registration deadline is June 10th.
Note: When submitting the applications you must put ICER DC 2010 in the Subject line!
Venue and pricing
The doctoral consortium will be organized at Aarhus University on Sunday (9.30 – 17). See ICER web site http://www.sigcse.org/icer/2010 for more information about travelling and hotels.
There is no participation fee; some financial assistance will be available.
If you would like more information, please, contact
Prof. Lauri Malmi
Aalto University, School of Science and Technology