Registration is made through an online registration system. Please click here to register. However, read the information in this page first.
If you have any questions concerning the registration form or procedure, please contact Tavicon Congress Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel +358 3 233 0400.
Visa requirements and invitation letters
IMPORTANT: Check if you need a visa to visit Finland and what travel documents are accepted in Finland.
After your payment has arrived on the conference account, you will receive a Confirmation email from Tavicon Ltd. The Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs has confirmed that this Confirmation email will serve as your invitation letter when you apply for a visa to Finland at a Finnish Embassy or Consulate.
The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend ACM sponsored conferences. They can, however, issue a visa support letter.
- ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
- For visa support letters, refer all requests to email@example.com. Please allow up to 10 business days to receive a letter. All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request.
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you are registering for
- Your registration confirmation email from Tavicon Ltd
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the “sole author” or a “co-author”
- Authors may indicate their paper title. If no paper, speakers can provide the title of their presentation.
ACM does not provide letters for transport of vendor or presenter equipment. ACM suggests shipping the materials insured to the conference facility.
Registration Fees in euro:
|Early fee, ends July 18||Regular fee from July 19 (ends at the end of July and after that onsite registration only)|
|ACM member||470 €||545 €|
|Non-member*||570 €||645 €|
|Student **||255 €||305 €|
* Check the offer by ACM SIGCSE: Join ACM Today and save 25 % on your first year of membership!
**For a delegate to be considered a student she/he must currently be a full-time student enrolled in a PhD / master program in her/his affiliated institution during the academic year 2018-2019. If you are registering to attend as a student, please email evidence of your full-time student status to Ari Korhonen (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
The registration fee includes
- Conference program Aug 13-15
- Conference lunches and coffees Aug 13-15
- Welcome reception on Sunday evening Aug 12
- Dinner on Tuesday evening Aug 13
Note: If you attend on any workshop, you should contact the organisers first in order to be eligible to attend. During the registration, you might need an access code that was sent to you by the event organizer.
|Doctoral Consortium Sun 12 Aug 9 am – 5 pm, details)||Full|
|Workshop 1: Computing Science Educational Infrastructure: Crossing the Borders, details||Free|
|Workshop 2: Building Your Team of Change Champions Sun 12 Aug 1.30 pm – 5 pm, details||15€|
|Work in Progress Wed 15 Aug 4 pm – 6 pm & Thu 16 Aug 9 am – 2 pm (tentative), details||15€|
Venue: Dipoli, address Otakaari 24, Espoo
Date: Sunday, August 12, 2018
Duration: 5 pm – 7 pm
Price: included in the conference registration fee, advance registration required
See the annotated map that shows the location (#19) on campus.
Venue: Hanasaari Cultural Centre
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Duration: 7 pm – 10 pm
Price: included in the conference fee for delegates, advance registration required. It is possible to buy an extra ticket for an accompanying person at 90 euro, advance registration required also for accompanying person.
Bus transportation from conference venue provided.
Travelling and Accommodation
Please, note that costs for travel, accommodation and insurances are not included in the registration fees. See the following pages for more information:
Payment and confirmation
Full payment of the registration fee is to be made prior to the conference in euros (EUR). When registering online, you will receive instant confirmation of successful registration to your email. Please note that invoicing will end two weeks prior to the event.
At the end of the registration form, you will be given three alternatives for payment:
- Credit card payments will be dealt automatically. Visa, MasterCard and Eurocard are accepted.
- Invoice as an e-mail attachment. You will receive an invoice to your email and you can print it out for your files. This will have your reference number and the bank details for payment.
- If you need manually issued invoice sent to you, please, contact Tavicon Congress Bureau. The manual invoice fee is EUR 15.
Please note the invoicing will be available only for registrations by July 13, 2018.
Note: All payments should be made free of banking charges.
Note: Bank drafts as well as personal, traveller’s or company cheques cannot be accepted
Confirmation of participation
During the registration process you will receive two messages:
- An automatic reply after successful submission of the registration form.
- A final participation confirmation letter stating that your registration has been paid and is therefore confirmed.
Please note that participation confirmation letter will be sent when all the payments have been received.
Cancellation and refund policy
Any cancellations or changes to registration or accommodation must be made in writing to Tavicon Congress Bureau by e-mail: email@example.com.
If a cancellation for registration is received by July 15, 2018, the registration fee will be refunded with the exception of a handling fee of EUR 50. No refunds can be made for cancellations received after July 15, 2018.
Please note that no-show does not constitute cancellation. In case of no-show, the registration fee will not be refunded.
Registration and practical information
Tavicon Congress Bureau
Ms Mirja Uotila, Project Coordinator
tel. +358 3 233 0400 (office hours Mon-Fri 9.00-16.00 GMT+2)