Wednesday, 15 August, 16:00-18:00 (tentative)
Thursday, 16 August, 09:00-14:00 (tentative)
The WIP Workshop (formerly named the Critical Research Review) is a dedicated 1-day workshop for ICER attendees to provide and receive friendly, constructive feedback on works-in-progress. WIP participants will be assigned to thematic groups with 4-6 participants. Depending upon group size, each participant will have 45-75 minutes to elicit advice, support, feedback, and critique. To apply for the workshop you will specify a likely topic for feedback. Two weeks before ICER, participants will send their group a 2-4 page primer document to help prepare for the session and identify the types of feedback sought.
You should participate in the WIP if you would like to provide and receive advice, support, feedback, or critique on computing education research issues like:
- A kernel of a research idea
- A grant proposal
- A rejected ICER paper
- A study design
- A qualitative analysis approach
- A quantitative analysis approach
- A motivation for a research project
- A theoretical framing
- A challenge in a research project
The goal of the workshop is to provide a space where we can receive support and provide support. The workshop is intended for active CS education researchers. PhD students are encouraged to apply for the Doctoral Consortium.
- Friday, June 8th, 2018 – Workshop application deadline
- Friday, June 15th, 2018 – Notification of acceptance
- Friday, July 27th, 2018 – White paper submission and distribution to participants
Applying for the WIP Workshop
The application deadline has passed. To cover costs of the workshop, there is a 15 € fee for each participant. Please, register to the conference and fill in the code you received if you were accepted to WiPW.